I can’t put my finger on any single reason why, but last week was tough. Crossed wires, misunderstandings, general grumpiness and self-flagellation felt like the running theme. I’m trying to find a positive attitude, but the onset of winter combined with rising covid rates in Ontario and around the world make that a challenge some days.
Happily the weekend has helped reset the personal mental processing unit. Simon and I spent Saturday fixing a much procrastinated hallway lighting issue at the house that has very literally brightened things up. Add in a few hours cleaning along with a potential longer term project opportunity to get me thinking about the future and winter things aren’t feeling as bleak.
With the exception of swapping Tuesday and Thursday meals because I didn’t get gnocchi until later, last week went almost completely to plan. Wednesdays chicken/squash/grits combo made enough to have it again Friday so the kohlrabi and carrot slaw has now moved into tonight’s Sunday taco plan.
Here’s the plan for upcoming week.
- Sunday: tacos! steak, kohlrabi/carrot/cilantro slaw, with tortillas
- Monday: porchetta, kale and roast potatoes
- Tuesday: porchetta part 2, mac&cheese and kale
- Wednesday: coconut miso salmon arugula curry over rice
- Thursday/Friday: daikon fries, bok choy and fire chicken
- Saturday: ramen takeout?